R&D Formulation Scientist
Our client is a small, cutting edge biotech firm that is based in Burgess Hill and is working on the innovative delivery of medication and vaccines to large population groups. Their product portfolio is at an exciting stage of development and they now seek an R&D Formulation Scientist to join their team and support new and ongoing projects.
The R&D Formulation Scientist will be responsible for:
- Preparing samples of a range of formulation types (e.g. suspensions, emulsions, granules and powders) using specialist laboratory scale equipment.
- Conducting large pilot production studies in preparation for full scale manufacture.
- Performing and recording detailed physical property measurements and assessments of storage stability under a range of temperature conditions in accordance with the relevant study plans, guidelines and crop protection directives.
- Perform and record detailed physical/chemical assessments of formulation characteristics to determine the acceptability of recipes.
- Use novel testing procedures.
- Accurately record data from all studies in benchbooks, pro-formas, databases and spreadsheets and check data quality to look for trends (e.g. shelf life).
- Work to the principles of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
- Contribute to the formulation team meetings.
The successful candidate will ideally have a master’s qualification, at least 1 year industry experience and you will have at least a theoretical understanding of spray drying and tablet pressing/ processing.
A salary of 24k-28k is provided.
For further information please apply below.